Help refugees by
- Becoming a board member
- Donating to NEST
By volunteering as a caregiver, you’ll help refugees adjust to life in Canada through activities such as
- daily necessities (grocery shopping, riding the bus)
- signing them up for essential services (finding a family doctor, enrolling kids in school)
- teaching them street smarts (avoiding telemarketers, scams)
To care-give effectively, you’ll need to be available during part of a working-day. Time spent per week depends on a range of factors, such as language barriers and the type of family.
Since NEST is responsible for refugees’ first year in Canada, we ask that you try care-giving for a year.
Becoming a board member
Board members maintain NEST as an organization and community by, for example,
- attending monthly meetings
- coordinating fundraising and social events
- performing specific duties, such being Treasurer
You can donate to NEST by